A Tweetup is an informal gathering of people who are using the microblogging plattform Twitter. ThisMarsTweetup is a unique opportunity to follow live the Dachstein Mars simulation, to meet the spacesuit simulator Aouda.X and to discuss with scientist and space experts about analog missions.
Together with international partners the OEWF will be conducting a five-day simulation with experiments and tests in the mammoth- and giant ice cave at the Dachstein near Obertraun (Austria). Besides the Polish MarsScociety, who won with their MAGMA2 rover the University Rover Challenge in 2011, also a team of the WISDOM radar, a radar experiment from the ESA EXOMARS rover, will test their experiments at the Dachstein, there will also be a remote-science experiment with the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Planned activities during the MarsTweetup:
- Welcome message by OEWF Social Media Manager Olivia Haider
- Keynote by OEWF board member A. Soucek
- Dachstein project manager G. Groemer gives insights into Mars analog research & the adventure of Mars simulations
- Lectures and discussion rounds with scientists and ESA space experts
- Dachstein cave tour to the simulation
- Behind the scenes tour to the OPS (Operations = main control room) and the scientists and their experiments (e.g. Polish MarsSociety with Magma2 rover, WISDOM radar, Part-Time Scientists rover Asimov etc.)
More info can be found on the OEWF website: http://blog.oewf.org/en/