Source: DMM Climbing
"Last night (15th Feb 2011) DMM received information from a U.S retailer regarding size 5 (Blue) Dragon Cams. They have found cracks on the aluminium axle boss on 2 of the Dragon Cam size 5s they have in stock. This boss is a turned part similar to the original Dragon 6 that we recalled on the 22nd July 2010."
What you should do
If in possession of a cam as shown on the left in the pictures above, please discontinue use immediately and follow the steps below:
1. Fill in the form below and click Create Returns Form. (Information on Serial Numbers)
2. Print out the generated form. You will also receive a confirmation email with your reference number.
3. Both the printed form and the Dragon Cams need to be sent together to us at the DMM address on the form. There are 3 ways of doing this:
- Directly to us;
- back to the retailer where the Dragon cam was purchased;
- or to your national distributor
If you are a retailer or distributor, please quarantine all affected stock immediately and follow your standard returns procedure.
What we will do
- We promise to deal with the situation as quickly and efficiently as we can.
- All units will be reassembled with a new hot forged aluminium axle boss and returned to you.
Our first and foremost priority is the safety of the climbing community. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued understanding and support.
More information will follow after further investigation.
The DMM team